Tim grew up in Connecticut along the shores of Long Island Sound and has been an avid boater since childhood. After a successful career in engineering, Tim spent two years cruising full-time with his wife and children before settling permanently in Florida. Tim’s broad experience with many types of boats - cruisers, sport fishers, center consoles, catamarans and more - makes him a tremendous resource to help you find the boat of your dreams.
Tim draws on his depth of experience in the marine industry - from luxury yacht construction to owning and operating a successful South Florida yacht service and equipment company - to offer his exclusive clients a level of service and expertise unmatched in yacht brokerage.
Prior to starting his own yacht service and equipment company, Tim ran the manufacturing engineering department for a very well-known luxury yacht builder. This critical experience gives Tim valuable knowledge of boat construction and equipment. With tremendous experience with marine electronics and electrical systems, as well as hydraulics, plumbing and machinery, Tim will help you understand the ins and outs of these critical systems.
Yacht owners ask "Why should I choose Tim Allen to sell my boat?"
Because Tim -
- has decades of experience with both power and sailboats
- has in-depth knowledge of mono-hulls and multi-hulls
- gives you valuable tips on making your boat more marketable
- treats your boat like it is his own, and works hard to deliver high value
- gets to know your boat, and crafts listing details to attract the right buyers
- provides weekly status reports on listing metrics and potential buyer contacts
- respects your time, and will bring serious buyers only
Yacht buyers ask "Why should I choose Tim Allen to help me buy a boat?"
Because Tim -
- works to understand how you will use your boat
- has experience with all aspects of boating - from ski boats to large yachts
- will assist you in identifying the right boat for you and your family
- respects your budget, and won't waste your time trying to push you higher
- will help you find the right marine surveyor, and if needed, yacht financing